The Tiraspol fortress or Sredinnaya fortress is a fortress erected in 1792-1793 under the leadership of Russian commander A.V. Suvorov and architect F.P. De-Volan as a defensive structure on the left bank of the Dniester River. Near the walls of the Sredinnaya fortress the city of Tiraspol arose. It was built by decree of Catherine II.
As part of the celebration of the 230th anniversary of Tiraspol, a special cancellation of the set of stamps “Builders of the Tiraspol Fortress” took place in the capital’s United Museum. On 6 miniature sheets the uniforms of the regiments of the Russian army which took part in the construction of the Sredinnaya Fortress are reproduced. Three years later this fortress received the status of a city and became known as Tiraspol.
The set is printed in both perforated and imperforated versions.
The edition of the perforated set is 4800 pcs. (600 souvenir sheets each)
The edition of the imperforated set is 800 pcs. (100 souvenir sheets each)
Artist V. N. Chernetsov